Thursday, May 26, 2022

High School Graduation 1965, Boomer Edition

 In 2015, I wrote a blog post on my commencement speech at my 1969 college graduation, as a way to look back on my 21 year old self. 

In this graduation season, I have been thinking about how 2022 high school student graduation speakers see our present and future through a different lens, forged by experience, than I did as a student speaker at my high school graduation in 1965.  Sadly, the other two speakers (and my good friends) Steve Goldberg and Gary Yudkoff are no longer with us.  Also sadly, I was so wrapped up in my own words, being a self-absorbed teenager, that I do not recall what they said.  Steve and Gary were both smarter and wiser than I.  I wish I had their speeches to look back upon.






No comments:

Post a Comment