Sunday, March 19, 2023

Play Ball!! May the Gods and Goddesses Be With Us.

My high school friend Ray Goldstein is a fellow baseball fan.  For half a century, he has lived in San Francisco, so his allegiance with with the Giants.  That is fine with me, since my first baseball love was my father's New York Giants (and Willie Mays) -- a love which was transferred to the West Coast, even though the only time I saw the San Francisco Giants play in person was a game against the Mets in the old Polo Grounds in 1962.  (Growing up in DC, it was hard to love the Washington Senators of the 1950s, who resisted signing Black ballplayers and who never got out of second division.)

With 2023 Opening Day coming soon, Ray sent these pictures.  With his permission, I post them here.  Play Ball!  (Glad that the infielders now must start each play where God, or Abner Doubleday, or whoever, intended them to be.  The time clock for pitchers, well, we shall see.)  













No comments:

Post a Comment