Friday, September 21, 2018

Imagine if Brett Kavanaugh had said the following.....


Imagine if Brett Kavanaugh had said the following when Christina Ford's allegations came to light:
"When I was in high school, I did a lot of really stupid things, typically involving drinking alcohol. I have no recollection of doing anything like what Dr. Ford describes, but I cannot categorically say it did not happen. The drinking was that bad -- as my friend Mark Judge wrote in his book. If I did abuse Dr. Ford while drunk at the age of 17, I apologize profusely.
"What I can categorically say is that I matured a lot after high school, learned to drink responsibly, and was able to put my immaturity in the past. I believe that my life as an adult demonstrates that I have acted responsibly in all aspects of my adult life. I stress to my daughters and the other girls I coach that young people should not drink;their bodies are too-often ill-equipped to keep the alcohol from impairing their judgment.
"And if I had sons, I would stress to them that they should never make the mistakes I made as a teenager."
If he had said it when the story first broke, I might have believed him. But now, having issued categorical denials over the past days, I for one, would not believe his sincerity. The Trumpian strategy of Deny, Deny, Deny appears to be contagious. We must do everything we can to keep the contagion from spreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment